Monday, July 28, 2014

Guest Artist Bill Jenkins's Windsor Chairs



After a request from my wife in 2002 to make us some comfortable dining room chairs, I took a class at The Windsor Institute in Hampton in New Hampshire. Windsor chairs are made mostly from Maple, Red Oak ,and White Pine. My chairs can be found from Norway to San Francisco ,from Capital Hill to the College of William and Mary. I have made and sold over 500 Windsor chairs in the past 12 years. The John Adams miniseries used 39 Windsors which I constructed. Windsor chairs are strong, comfortable, functionable, and have an endearing beauty that lasts from one generation to the next and from one culture to another. Both young and old admire my chairs and fine them beautiful and love to sit in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment